The Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina adopted at its extraordinary session held on 2 December 2019 the decision on the appointment of the Commission for the Registration of Designations of Origin, Geographical Indications and the Designation of Guaranteed Traditional Specialty Food Products in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The adoption of this Decision fulfills all the legal and formal preconditions for carrying out the process of registration of designations of origin, geographical indications and the designation of guarantees of traditional specialty food products guaranteed in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Commission composed of representatives of the competent institutions of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Entities and the Brcko District of Bosnia and Herzegovina in accordance with the provisions of the Rulebook on Quality Systems for Food Products (“Official Gazette of B&H 90/18):
- considers the applications for registration of the designation of origin, geographical indication and the designation of the designation of a guaranteed traditional specialty food product and proposes that the Agency adopt a decision on the registration of the designation;
- considers the complaints received,
- proposes to supplement the application for registration of the designation of origin, geographical indication and designation of the traditional food specialty guaranteed;
- considers requests for subsequent amendment of the food product specification;
- considers applications for the right to use a registered designation of origin, geographical indication and the designation of a designation of a guaranteed traditional specialty food product.
More detailed information on the process of registration of designations of origin, geographical indications and the designation of traditional specialty food products in Bosnia and Herzegovina can be found at the following link.